By submitting personal data to us and/or by using our website(s), you give your consent that all personal data submitted may be processed in the manner, and for the purposes, described below.
Who are we?
We are Therapeutic Research Center, LLC (“TRC”). We are a Delaware, USA limited liability corporation. TRC’s mission is to provide medication learning through concise news, unbiased recommendations, continuing education, certification, accreditation and relevant education services that enable healthcare professionals and clinicians to positively impact patient care quality. Our corporate headquarters are located at:
1720 S. Bellaire St.
Denver, CO 80222
TRC subsidiaries include:
NetCE / CE Resource, Inc.
1482 Stone Point Dr
Roseville, CA 95661
CriticalPoint / Kastango Consulting Group
12154 Darnestown Road, Suite 360
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Scope of our policy
Transfers of Personal Data outside the EEA
Information we may collect from you
Information you provide us:
User information. This means Personal Data collected about users of the Products or Services, and includes, without limitation, contact information such as name, email address, address, and phone number; information that you might provide to us in an online form; information you provide when you contact us by email or telephone; payment information; login credentials; details of how you use our Products or Services; your posts on our Forum pages; responses you may provide to surveys; and any other information you provide to us to purchase our Products or Services, to receive marketing from us and for us to deliver our Products or Services.
Registration Information. If you register to use our Products and Services, such as for the NetCE services, we may ask for the following: first and last name, state of practice, profession, professional title, license number, school name and year of graduation, phone, email, password, mailing address.
Certification Information. We may collect Personal Data from you in connection with your use of the Services to receive an accreditation or to qualify for continuing education credis: Activity Title, CE Provider, Credit Type, Credit Metrics and Completion Date. We may also collect the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number and your date of birth to identify you for completion of credit reporting mandated by certain licensing authorities.
Financial information. Should you decide to purchase any Products or Services that we offer, we will need to collect financial information necessary to conduct such a transaction. For example, we or our third party payment processor may collect your payment card number, payment card expiration date, payment card name, payment card CVV, billing address and mailing address.
Business account information. This means business-related Personal Data such as name, title, job function, business name, business address, business email address, and business phone number that we collect about people we serve or work with, including actual and prospective customers, contractors, vendors, and other entities interested in TRC or our Products and Services as well as information collected for corporate payments.
Customer proprietary information. This means Personal Data that is owned by our customers and provided to or collected by us to provide our Products or Services. TRC respects the privacy of all customer proprietary information and views it as the customer’s property. We do not control what customer information we may receive, nor what steps you have taken to ensure that the data was collected in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
Information we may automatically collect
When you use our Products or Services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our website(s), your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type, and language, and the website you visited before our site, are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage of and activity with our Services. Additionally, when you access our Services we may automatically collect data about your device, such as geolocation (at the city level), device ID, type of device, session ID, customer ID, operating system version, and services and resources accessed and how you use our applications, including pages you view, transcripts and recordings of interactions with the Services, and keywords and ads clicked. We may offer cookies to you. If you do not wish to receive them, then you should ensure that your web browser is set up not to accept our cookies as described below. Otherwise, by continuing to use our sites, you are accepting our use of the cookies that make promotions and communications more relevant to you and your interests, and further help us to improve our Products and Services.
How are "cookies" or "tracking technologies" used?
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by us, and our analytics and service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site, and gathering demographic information about our prospects, customers, and user base as a whole. We may access reports based on the use of these technologies from these service providers our technology platform vendors on an individual or aggregated basis.
Please note that if you disable cookies, some services or website functionality may not be available. We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website(s). They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, and to use online forms.
- Functional cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences. These cookies also record your visit to our website(s), the pages you visited and the links you followed. We will use this information to make our website(s) and communications more relevant to your interests.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors, and to see how visitors move around our website(s) when they are in use. This helps us to improve the way our website(s) work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, device identifier, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, and other usage data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. If you reach out to us over the telephone or via facsimile, we may also log telephony information such as your phone number, forwarding calls, SMS routing information, and types of calls.
We may use technologies to automatically collect information from you when you use our Products or Services. We collect this information to, among other things, provide you information and benchmarking based upon your usage of the Products or Services, which are used in analyzing trends, administering the Products or Services, and tracking users’ utilization and to gather information about our customer user base as a whole. We may receive reports from our service providers based on your use of these technologies as an individual as well as on an aggregated basis.
When using the Products or Services, we may automatically collect information about the devices accessing our Products or Services, such as the type of device, the version of the operating system, and the device identifier (or UDID). We use analytics to allow us to better understand how our mobile Products or Services are used by our customers. We may record information such as how often the application is used, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, any issues with our application, and the source from which the application was downloaded.
When you use our Products or Services, we collect information about the devices you are using to access our those Products or Services, including, without limitation, information about your computers, tablets, phones, stylus, pen, or other tools. We may collect the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect from you in various ways, including:
- To personalize your experience. As you use the Products and Services, we use your Personal Data to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To respond to your requests. As you use the Products and Services, you may request information from us. We will use your information to respond to your requests and inquiries. These requests may include processing orders and processing downloads for clinical tools, content and resources, whitepapers or product demonstrations or evaluations. We will use your Personal Data to support your account; perform accounting functions; provide you with information about us and our Products and Services; and to otherwise maintain our business relationship with you. We may also use your Personal Data to quickly process your transactions, manage and verify your account and the identity of users of the Products and Services, and contact you when necessary about your account or your use of the Products and Services.
- To assist you in making your payments. Financial information that is collected may be used to bill you for Products and Services.
- To submit continuing education completion information. We shall use your Personal Data to submit your training to the appropriate agencies, where supported, on your behalf for continuing education credit.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To develop, provide, and improve our Products and Services to better serve you. These may include reports and consulting, educational, maintenance, and support services for which you have inquired or contracted. We may provide you with technical support and related product information. We may troubleshoot a support issue. We may also use Personal Data to provide you service and product updates and notices.
- To provide informational services. We may use Personal Data while providing online forums such as user groups and bulletin boards. We may also do so while delivering live or online events such as clinical discussions, webinars, training seminars or conferences, including third-party events sponsored by us or others.
- To identify and correct errors. We may use Personal Data to detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To prevent improper or illegal activity. We may use Personal Data to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To market our products and services. We may inform you about our Products, Services, or events and otherwise perform marketing activities. Further, we may use information for analytics purposes. We may send you information and promotional materials about our products and Services as well as our company in general.
- To verify users. We may use Personal Data to manage and verify your account and the identity of users of the Services.
- Security. To protect the security and integrity of our Services.
- Local storage of information. Our Products and Services may collect and store information locally on your device, including, without limitation, browser web storage and application data caches.
- Job applicants. We may use your information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to negotiate and enter into an employment agreement with you, to process your job application and evaluate your candidacy, for our record keeping, for analyzing the job recruitment process, and for other employment-related processing, including retaining information for alternative job positions. We may use your information to make reasonable adjustments for candidates with a disability. We may also use your information to seek appropriate consent when legally required for processing special categories of data.
- Store your preferences and settings. Settings that enable our Products or Services to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device. We may save preferences, such as device (e.g., computer, laptop, or mobile device) language, browser, and multimedia player settings, so those do not have to be reset each time you return to the site. If you opt out of interest-based promotions, we store your opt-out preference in a cookie on your device. Cookies can also help you fill out forms on our site. Sign-in and authentication. When you sign in to one of our Products or Services using your personal account, we store a unique ID, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the site without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the site.
- Store information you provide to a website. When you provide information or add items to a shopping cart when visiting or website(s), we store the data in a cookie to remember the products and information you have added.
- Social media. Some of our Products and Services include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set; however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
How do we share your information?
We may share the Personal Data we collect in connection with the Products and Services with the following third parties:
Publicly posted content
If you post comments, images, and other content to a public-facing page, that information (associated with your user name) will be publicly viewable.
Licensing and Accreditation Agencies
If you use our Services for certification, licensing or accreditation, you authorize us to share your personal data as necessary with the applicable certification, licensing or accreditation agency.
We may share your Personal Data with our third-party distributors, vendors, suppliers, and other service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Products and Services, providing cloud logging services, processing of payments, performing marketing or consulting services, assisting us with the preparation and mailing of our business and marketing communications, and assisting with service processing and fulfillment functions. These third-party service providers do not use your Personal Data for their own marketing purposes. We do not sell, trade or give away your Personal Data to 3rd party marketing vendors for reuse or resale of any kind.
Third-party analytics providers
We may also share your Personal Data with third parties that conduct marketing studies and data analytics, including Google Analytics, Hotjar, and FullStory. These third parties may combine your information with the information of other consumers for purposes of conducting these studies and analytics.
For further information about Google Analytics and Hotjar, please refer to
- Google Analytics Terms of Service: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
You may opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. You may opt out of Hotjar tracking at the following link: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out. You may opt out of FullStory tracking at the following link: https://www.fullstory.com/optout/
Transfer or assignment in connection with business transfers or bankruptcy
With your consent
We may share some or all of your information to any other third party with your affirmative consent. For instance, we display personal testimonials of satisfied customers in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you may contact us at http://info.therapeuticresearch.com/privacyofficer.
Please note: Sometimes we embed video clips or similar content within articles from a third party. When this happens, that third party may place cookies on your device. This is outside of our control, and you should consult its website for details of its own cookie policies.
We may disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if:
- You have given us permission to share your information;
- We are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order;
- It is required for the reporting of continuing education credit to appropriate licensing bodies;
- We believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, or to protect our property or other rights or those of other users of the Services, third parties, or the public at large; or
- We believe that you have abused a Products or Service by using it to attack or gain unauthorized access to a system or to engage in spamming or other conduct that violates applicable laws or our Terms and Conditions.
Anonymized or aggregate information
We may share aggregate or de-identified information without restriction. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances the third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally. If Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), then the data will only be considered aggregate information under this policy if it has been anonymized in compliance with GDPR.
Job application data
If your application is successful, we may share your job applicant information with other third parties to obtain references and perform background checks and other actions necessary for the employment process.
Accessing, correcting, updating, transferring, restricting, deleting, and retaining your Personal Data
If you notice an error in your Personal Data, you may rectify such errors by updating your settings under your user profile. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we possess any of your Personal Data, unless otherwise legally unable to do so. To find out if we possess your Personal Data or to make a request to access, correct, or update your Personal Data, please contact us at http://info.therapeuticresearch.com/privacyofficer.
If you would like your Personal Data erased, restricted, or transferred, or if you wish to withdraw your consent to our data collection and processing, please contact us at http://info.therapeuticresearch.com/privacyofficer. We shall provide a response to your requests within 30 days of receiving such request.
We will retain your Personal Data and the Personal Data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as your account is active, your request to receive information from us has not been revoked, or as needed to provide you Services. We will retain and use this information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services, contact us at http://info.therapeuticresearch.com/privacyofficer.
If you delete any of your account information, we may retain certain information if required by law or for legitimate business purposes or to complete our contractual obligations to you.
If your application for a job is successful, your information gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your human resources files subject to our internal human resources policies and procedures and retained as employment data. If your application is unsuccessful, we may, with your consent, keep your information on file for future employment opportunities. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
We may delete any or all of your information at any time without notice to you for any reason or no reason unless otherwise required by law or contract to retain it.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that your information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We will attempt to respond to any request to access your information within 30 days. It may take us longer if your request is complex or you have made multiple requests, in which circumstances we will notify you and keep you apprised of our progress.
If you are a California resident, please review our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Do Not Track requests
We do not process "Do Not Track" ("DNT") signals. Our third-party service providers also may not respond to DNT signals.
Marketing/preferences and opting-out
Marketing. We may send you information about products and services of ours or of those of other associated companies that may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing information, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us or any associated companies from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please access your email preference center at any time by clicking the Email Preferences link or contact us at the address below.
Communications and services. You may access your account to make changes to your account, including your preferences. We may ask you to “opt-in” to certain communications about our Products and Services or to participate in surveys or forums. If you have opted-in to receiving communications or participating in forums, you may stop receiving those communications by managing your notification settings linked directly within the communication. You may also stop participating in the forums.
You can also delete cookie files from your hard drive, or avoid them altogether, by configuring your browser to reject them or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your hard drive. Most Internet browsers allow you to block cookies from your browser. If you do not agree to the use of these cookies, you can follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help,” “Tools,” or “Edit” portion of the browser toolbar or options or by following the instructions for your browser set out here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third-party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (“DAA”) by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website. You may also opt-out by clicking on TrustArc’s Your Advertising Choices page at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ or, if in the European Union, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. Depending upon the Service, you may continue to receive generic ads. Not all features of the Services will function as intended if you reject cookies.
How do we protect your information?
We will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data in our possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Data.
- Our website(s) are scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities. All sensitive information you supply (such as credit card numbers, licensing information, and employee identification numbers) is encrypted during transmission via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee absolute security. You acknowledge that: (a) the limitations of the Internet are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of information and data exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. TRC has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. If you have any questions about security, you can contact us at http://info.therapeuticresearch.com/privacyofficer.
What about links to other websites?
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may link to third-party websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Products and Services and welcome any feedback about these sites. We rely on a gateway provider, for example, to process your payments.
18 or under; no use by children
The Products and Services are not generally intended for users younger than 18 without parental consent. We do not knowingly collect contact information from children under the age of 18. If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 18 has submitted Personal Data without parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our files.
Questions? Complaints? How should you contact us?
Therapeutic Research Center
1720 S. Bellaire St.
Denver, CO 80222
If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to reach out and communicate with a supervisory authority in relation to the processing of your Personal Data, but we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you first and resolve your issues.